Upgrade your fries with this perfected French fry seasoning! It’s packed with flavor, making your homemade fries way better than the drive-thru ones.
French Fry Seasoning Recipe
This French fry seasoning is packed with so much delicious flavor and it will bring any fries to life. Try cooking up some Amazing Air Fryer French Fries and adding on this seasoning. It’s also such a quick and easy thing to use with Amazing Air Fryer French Fries.
This seasoning can be made in less than 5 minutes and will last for up to 6 months. I like making it from scratch because then I can add in extra flavors that I love and make it perfect for me and my family!
What Ingredients are in French Fry Seasoning?
This recipe uses only a few pantry staple ingredients. Each of the exact measurements are listed on the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Onion Powder: This gives a bold flavor to the fries.
- Garlic Powder: I LOVE garlic flavor and this blends so well with the other seasonings.
- Kosher Salt: You can use sea salt instead if that’s what you have on hand.
- Paprika: The paprika adds in a sweet flavor.
- Dried Parsley: The parsley grounds the seasoning mix and also adds in some color.
- Salt and Pepper: The salt and pepper enhance the taste of the seasoning.
- Celery Salt: I only use a tiny bit of this in the recipe.
- Cayenne Powder: Leave this out (or add more in!) depending on the level of heat that you want.
How to Use Fry Seasoning?
First and foremost, for French fries of course! But this seasoning can be used as a seasoned salt for many potato dishes. Sprinkle on mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, or sweet potatoes. I also love to use it to season my veggies or meat. Try it on this air fryer steak!
How to Make French Fry Seasoning
This French fry seasoning is so easy and delicious, there is no reason for you not to make it!
- Combine: Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Mix: Whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- Storing Seasoning: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Serve: Sprinkle hot fries or roasted potatoes with this seasoning and enjoy!
How Much Should I Use?
Feel free to season your fries to your preference, but I recommend using 1 tablespoon of seasoning to season 1 pound of french fries.
Storing Leftover Seasoning
Store leftover french fry seasoning in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. You’re going to love having it on hand because it’s delicious as a seasoned salt for a wide array of dishes.
Homemade French Fry Seasoning
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Sprinkle hot fries or roasted potatoes with french fry seasoning and enjoy!